SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer which is used to encrypt any sensitive data in your website from hackers and spammers. When you install an SSL Certificate on your website, the HTTP protocol is converted to HTTPS to indicate that your site is secured. SSL Certificates are issued by SSL Certificate authority. To receive an SSL Certificate, you must purchase for it and then go through a verification process to present the required information to be used in creating your SSL Certificates by the certificate authority.
Benefits of installing SSL Certificates to your website / Advantages of SSL Certificates
- They create a security layer to prevent hackers from accessing your website data.
- They boost your website SEO ranking in Google and other search engines.
- Secures your website and enable you carry out online transactions.
- SSL Certificates help in encrypting sensitive data like legal documents, passwords, emails, ID, birth certificates and bank details.
- SSL Certificates authenticate your website’s identity and increase your website brand online.
- SSL Certificates are digitally signed by certificate authority. Browsers only trust certificates that come from an organization on their list of certificates.
- Regardless of the type of security you choose, the level of security is the same.
- SSL Certificates proves to others that they can trust both the security and the organization identity.
SSL Certificates can be offered for free like Let’s encrypt and Comodo 90 days free or can be offered for purchase by host companies. Paid SSL certificates are issued and signed by a trustworthy certificate authority.
SSL Certificates have a pair of keys, a private and a public key that work together to establish an encrypted connection.
Types of SSL Certificates
Domain validated Certificates that require the Certificate authority to verify that the user requesting for the certificate is the legal owner of the domain before any SSL Certificate can be issued.
Organization validated Certificates that require the Certificate authority to verify that the business requesting for the certificate is registered and legally owners the business.
Extended validated Certificates used in websites for applications that require, identity assurance such as collecting data, processing logins and online payments.
Wildcard SSL Certificates that are used to secure a domain and unlimited subdomains.
Multi domain SSL Certificates that secure 100 different domains and subdomains using a single certificate.
Unified Communications certificates to secure Microsoft exchange and live communications servers. Allow multiple domain to be secured on a single certificate.
Steps in setting up an SSL Certificate.
- Identify an SSL Certificate authority issuing the certificates. –askssl.com
- Purchase the available SSL Certificates. @ askssl.com
- Generate the WHOIS and fill your domain name, location and business name, then generate the Certificate signing request using your WHM/control panel.
- Fill out the fields required then issue the CSR to the SSL Certificate provide to establish a certificate for you.
- Once the certificate has been issued, it can be installed by the host or you can install it on your server.
- Update your site to use HTTPS by updating all links on all pages.
Give your website visitors confidence to your site by having SSL Certificates securing your website.
|SSL||Warranty||Issuance Time||Price (Now)||Order|
|Comodo Code Signing||-||2 days||$82.60||[maxbutton id="17"]|
|Certum Basic ID||$100||Minutes||$6.93||[maxbutton id="16"]|
|PositiveSSL EV||$1,000,000||5 days||$99.00||[maxbutton id="15"]|
|Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard||$50,000||Minutes||$99.40||[maxbutton id="14"]|
|AskSSL™ Wildcard SSL||$10,000||Minutes||$49.99||[maxbutton id="13"]|
|Comodo SSL||$250,0000||Minutes||$54.60||[maxbutton id="12"]|
|GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium||$500,000||Minutes||$67.20||[maxbutton id="11"]|
|Thawte SSL 123||$500,000||1 day||$33.60||[maxbutton id="8"]|
|Comodo Positive Multi-Domain SSL||$50,000||Minutes||$21||[maxbutton id="7"]|
|AskSSL Multi-Domain SSL||$10,000||Minutes||$16.99||[maxbutton id="6"]|
|Comodo EssentialSSL||$10,000||Minutes||$16.73||[maxbutton id="5"]|
|Comodo PositiveSSL||$10,000||Minutes||$5.49||[maxbutton id="3"]|
|AskSSL StarterSSL||$10,000||Minutes||$3.99||[maxbutton id="2"]|
|AskSSL™ BusinessTrust EV||$1,000,000||1-5 days||$69||[maxbutton id="18"]|
|AskSSL™ BusinessTrust EV SAN||$1,000,000||1-5 days||$150||[maxbutton id="19"]|